- 14/10/2023 The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (2023, 12, 108 mins), 7:30pm
- 11/11/2023 Everything, Everywhere, All at Once (2022, 15, 139 mins), 7:30pm
- 9/12/2023: Cumbria Red: Saving our red squirrels, 4:30pm
- 16/12/2023 Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1 (2023, 12A, 163 mins), 7:30pm
- 20/01/2024 Pretty Red Dress (2022, 15, 110mins), 7:30pm
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry: stars Jim Broadbent and Penelope Wilton and is based on the bestselling novel by Rachel Joyce. “These boots are made for walkin” and that’s just what he does all the way from South Devon to Berwick-Upon-Tweed. This original and heartfelt take on the coming-of-age story will tug at your heartstrings.
Everything, Everywhere All at Once: Much more than a sci-fi movie (a first in the genre for Bampton Cinema) this is the best of absurdist comedy drama, winning seven Oscars and Best Picture at the Academy Awards. A Chinese American is swept up into an insane adventure in which she alone can save existence by exploring other universes and connecting with the alternative lives she could have led.
Cumbria Red: Saving our red squirrels: By film-maker Terry Abraham. Profits go to Penrith and District Red Squirrel Group. Tickets available on the door from 4pm. The bar will be open and ice creams on sale. Poster
Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1: The latest action-packed spy adventure starring Tom Cruise as agent Ethan Hunt, with scenes shot in the Lake District. Poster
Tickets will be on sale at Bampton Stores if you wish supper + film… and who wouldn’t as it’s a fish and chip supper…of course! Tickets are on sale at the door on the night for film only as usual. It’s useful for us to have a contact list for those buying a supper ticket plus film and the shop will record that. Do please take advantage of the vegetarian option available as we are happy to provide for that.
Adult meal + film: £12; U16 meal + film: £9. Film ticket price, adult: £5; U16:£2.
As always, there is the bar courtesy of the village hall with the finest wines known to humanity, beers and soft drinks. Supper is served at 6pm in Bampton Memorial Hall and the film starts at 7:30pm. Ice-creams at the interval with a new flavour added, mango sorbet and our familiar favourites: Just Jersey, Blackcurrant and Chocolate for only £2.
Call Hazel (713311) or Dave (713586) for any questions about cinema matters.
Bampton REMOTE cinema committee: Hazel, Mike, Sue and Dave
If the weather's wet or too hot, Cine North recommends a selection of latest films:
- Tenet (2020) thriller/sci-fi from Christopher Nolan: trailer: https://youtube/LdOMOxOxDMo
- Subsequent Movie Film (2020) comedy/mockumentary: trailer: https://youtube/JvPTCvUnNQA
- My Octopus Teacher (2020) nature documentary: trailer: https://youtube/3sOLTDhge5A